mapleMaker Mini V2 Build Log 8

Posted on Posted in Uncategorised

This post originally appeared on, you may read the original post here.

Well I’m back! The parts finally arrived earlier this week, and I managed to get some good progress on the build so far.

First up, this week at work was our ‘engineering week’, part of that being a display of the various projects co-workers are working on. I was able to set up a small table with some printed parts, the first printer, and the frame of the current design. The response was tremendous, and the display was packed all afternoon!

Now, back to the build, I’ve managed to assemble the X carriage and extruder. After a bit of searching for the right spring, I was able to have a complete functioning extruder. I’m fairly pleased with the outcome and its tension, but time will tell how it functions for the first print, though so far, all signs are looking good.

Lastly, the bearing carriers for all axis’ have been assembled. I’ve redesigned several parts slightly, and re-designed the lower bed, but those changes will make it into future builds for the time being.

More to come soon!